We are happy to announce that we are now fully operational and all of your appointments are scheduled as is.
On April 12th, we had a staff member test positive for COVID-19. In order to protect our staff, clients, and patients, we closed our doors until April 25th, 2021. If you had an appointment during this time, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and are actively rescheduling appointments.
All staff have now tested negative for COVID-19. We thank you all for your support and well wishes.
Since March 2020, we have been operating with closed doors, social distancing, and diligently using proper cleaners and disinfectants.
For these reasons, we will continue to operate under these guidelines.
If anyone has any questions, please consult the https://covid-19.ontario.ca/ website.
Pet Food /Supplies
We are encouraging all our clients to use our webstore to purchase their pets food. If you are not already registered please click the link. We will be offering free delivery on orders over $25 during the outbreak. MYvetstore
The health and safety of our patients, clients, and staff is our top priority. That’s why we’re doing our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ontario’s lockdown order as of January 12th is issuing a stay-at-home order, only allowing individuals to leave their house for essential services. Veterinary appointments are considered essential. Any appointments you have currently booked will not be affected.
Welland Animal Hospital will continue to provide exceptional service by ensuring a team member is available at our front door, ready to receive your pet.
The following are our operating procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately and ongoing through the Spring. We are doing our best to continue serving you and your pets!
- APPOINTMENT BOOKING: Please call (905) 735-7410 or email us to book an appointment. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not accepting walk-in appointments.
- EMERGENCIES: For emergencies, please call us at (905)735-7410.
- WEAR A MASK: Please wear a mask during drop off, pick up, and payment. If you do not have a mask we are happy to provide you with one.
- CALL/TEXT UPON ARRIVAL: Our front door is locked. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment and from your car, call us at: prior to your appointment and from your car, call us at: (905) 414-7490 or text us at (905)481-3679. We will meet you at the door to collect your pet.
- PET DROP OFF: Our team member will conduct a pet exchange outside the clinic. Unfortunately, we cannot accept ANY personal property (i.e. collars, leashes, blankets, toys, etc.) These must be removed and left with you. We will use slip leashes when retrieving your pet from outside. Cats will need to remain in their carriers. We will sanitize pet carriers in the clinic prior to returning to you.
- PET PICKUP: At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed or given to you or discussed via phone. A team member will bring your pet, medications, and the Moneris (payment) terminal to you.
- PAYMENT: For safety reasons, we are accepting electronic payment (credit or debit ) at this time. We can either take payment over the phone or outside with our mobile machine.
- ONLINE STORE: Medication and food are recommended to be ordered online at myvetstore.ca.
We also ask all our clients to abide by all the recommendations of the the public health officials ie.
- Please maintain social distancing with our staff and other clients.
- If you are sick – DO NOT COME IN.
- If you are in self isolation – DO NOT COME IN.
Thank you for your understanding during these trying times.
Thank-you for your cooperation,
Staff at the Welland Animal Hospital