Thank you for your patience while we plan our reopening for later this year
With restrictions being lifted and an increasing number of businesses reopening, we wanted to keep you, our valued client, updated on Welland Animal Hospital’s reopening plan. Our top priority remains safeguarding the health and safety of our clients and staff, all the while continuing to provide outstanding patient care.
As a healthcare provider, factors such as waiting and exam room size, air flow and the ability to maintain safe distancing during your pet’s examination are all factors that play into our reopening plan. Also, given the newness of the COVID-19 vaccine, variants of concern and the potential for a fourth wave, our clients and staff are expressing vastly different comfort levels with respect to physical distancing.
While a reopening plan is in the works, we continue to take a cautious approach. When we do reopen, here are some of the things you can expect:
- The number of concurrent client visits will be restricted to respect physical distancing.
- One client will be allowed per patient.
- The wearing of surgical masks will be mandatory. Masks will be provided by the clinic.
- COVID-19 screening will be in place for all visitors.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be readily available throughout the clinic.
- Curbside service food and medication pickup will remain available.
- Curbside drop off will remain in place and clients will continue to have the option to virtually participate in appointments via a clinic-supplied tablet.
We thank you for your continued encouragement and support. As with you, our team looks forward to the day when they
can safely welcome you back into Welland Animal Hospital.
Pet Food /Supplies
We are encouraging all our clients to use our webstore to purchase their pets food. If you are not already registered please click the link. We will be offering free delivery on orders over $25 during the outbreak. MYvetstore
The health and safety of our patients, clients, and staff is our top priority. That’s why we’re doing our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Welland Animal Hospital will continue to provide exceptional service by ensuring a team member is available at our front door, ready to receive your pet.
The following are our operating procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately and ongoing through the Spring. We are doing our best to continue serving you and your pets!
- APPOINTMENT BOOKING: Please call (905) 735-7410 or email us to book an appointment. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not accepting walk-in appointments.
- EMERGENCIES: For emergencies, please call us at (905)735-7410.
- WEAR A MASK: Please wear a mask during drop off, pick up, and payment. If you do not have a mask we are happy to provide you with one.
- CALL/TEXT UPON ARRIVAL: Our front door is locked. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment and from your car, call us at: prior to your appointment and from your car, call us at: (905) 414-7490 or text us at (905)481-3679. We will meet you at the door to collect your pet.
- PET DROP OFF: Our team member will conduct a pet exchange outside the clinic. Unfortunately, we cannot accept ANY personal property (i.e. collars, leashes, blankets, toys, etc.) These must be removed and left with you. We will use slip leashes when retrieving your pet from outside. Cats will need to remain in their carriers. We will sanitize pet carriers in the clinic prior to returning to you.
- PET PICKUP: At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed or given to you or discussed via phone. A team member will bring your pet, medications, and the Moneris (payment) terminal to you.
- PAYMENT: For safety reasons, we are accepting electronic payment (credit or debit ) at this time. We can either take payment over the phone or outside with our mobile machine.
- ONLINE STORE: Medication and food are recommended to be ordered online at myvetstore.ca.
We also ask all our clients to abide by all the recommendations of the the public health officials ie.
- Please maintain social distancing with our staff and other clients.
- If you are sick – DO NOT COME IN.
- If you are in self isolation – DO NOT COME IN.
Thank you for your understanding during these trying times.
Thank-you for your cooperation,
Staff at the Welland Animal Hospital